From tracking down the best local produce in the Heartland to admiring the lines of a classic Mid-Century Modern coffee table…. I love to learn, write and share what I find about a variety of topics. My particular areas of interest are: urban development, architecture and design, history, food and family.
Recent articles in local and national publications:
- “Adopted Children Learn About Heritages Through Trips.” The News-Sentinel. October 9, 2015.
- “Have You Ubered Yet?” The News Sentinel. September 14, 2015. I try out Uber Fort Wayne for you!
- “Southwest Michigan shore seems like a world away.” The News-Sentinel. July 6, 2015. Travel article about the Saugatuck-Douglas area.
- “House Hunting? Ask These Questions First.” HOMELiving. March 2015.
- “Tesla electric cars now seen around town.” The News-Sentinel. January 14, 2015. Describing the Tesla electric car and its cutting-edge technology; interviews with local Tesla owners about their own experiences.
- “Consider these facts when deciding whether to install a pool at home.” The News-Sentinel. June 30, 2014. Describing the costs and process of installing a home swimming pool; including advice from local pool owners, contractors, and real estate professionals on the “pros and cons”.
- “Saarinen’s Village.” Atomic Ranch. Winter 2013. The history of how the iconic Mid-Century Modern architect, Eero Saarinen, came to design the Concordia College Campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana; includes archival and recent photographs.
I also write content for clients’ websites, blogs, newsletters, marketing materials, and videos. I truly enjoy finding out what makes each of my client’s unique — and getting that message out to the world.
- HD Marketing & Design and their clients:
- Hakes and Robrock Design-Build
- LUNGevity Foundation (script for this video; password: LUNGevity)
I also enjoy blogging about
Contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org